My CS broke!

Discussion in 'Counter-Strike: Global Offensive' started by Amp'D, Nov 3, 2016.

1. Amp'D

Amp'D www.twitch.tv/AmpdNemesis Staff Member Website Manager Community Manager Recruiter Moderator Admin Donator

So, yaaaa... CS is broken for me. Haven't been able to get it to run properly in several weeks now. Loaded the game a few weeks back, and it was set to 640 x 480 resolution (no idea why) and was getting like 10 fps. Reinstalled game, deleted all game content, reinstalled graphics drivers, and also cleared all steam cloud storage settings. Still same issue. I can't even get more than 10 fps in the main menu. WTF!? Anybody have any ideas? =(

2. .:SL:.40

.:SL:.40 Don't forget to enter our weekly Raffle guys! =) Staff Member Owner

wow that fucking sucks ass man. I had no clue your shit wasnt working. Man this game is so FUCKING BUSTED.

Amp'D likes this.
  3. Amp'D

Amp'D www.twitch.tv/AmpdNemesis Staff Member Website Manager Community Manager Recruiter Moderator Admin Donator

Ya I don't get it man. I'm afraid it has something to do with my second monitor (a new one I got a couple of months ago). It's 1440p. I'm gonna test it out this weekend. But ya, I've reinstalled twice, removed the cloud storage where it backs up your config and everything, and reinstalled drivers, as well as rolled back drivers to one I used from months ago. Every time, it goes back to 640x480. I can change the resolution back, but the 10 fps thing doesn't go away. It's terrible.

4. Valky

Valky Admin Donator

time to get a laptop ;)

Amp'D likes this.
  5. Amp'D

Why? So I can have problems with every game I play because of a shitty laptop? Naawwww, I'll stick to one game not working because game is broken ;) ;) ;)

Love, D.Va

6. static

static Surf Admin Admin

If you have windows 10, it could be xbox dvr messing with your fps. Same thing happened to me after the windows 10 anniversary update. xbox dvr was enabled after the update and every time I opened cs, my fps would be dog shit.

To turn it off on Windows 10, open the Xbox app, go to settings, go to Game DVR and change the slider to OFF.

7. Amp'D

I do have Win10, however all the xbox functions and dvr settings have been disabled since I updated to the anniversary edition. Double checked, and all is still disabled. I haven't gotten a chance to check yet, but I have a feeling it has to do with my second monitor.

8. Amp'D

I thought about everything and when I upgraded my second monitor to a 1440p monitor, a few games decided to go full potato. Game would load, and then everything on the second monitor would get all jumbled up haha.

9. Lord Lumley

Lord Lumley Community Member

You managed to fix? If not, do you have DSR - Factors turned on in NVidia?

10. .:SL:.40

.:SL:.40 Don't forget to enter our weekly Raffle guys! =) Staff Member Owner

He told me he just turned off his 2nd monitor and it works fine now.